12.20.2008

Peanut Butter Ice Cream Topping

My father loves peanut butter ice cream topping and has my mom make it for him any time we make homemade ice cream. She makes it without a recipe, and I never know how to make it like she does. She can tell me what she puts in it, but not any relative amounts. I need more specific instructions when I'm cooking, so I went looking for a recipe. I found one about a year ago, and I think it was on the Family Fun website, but I don't remember for certain. I think the original recipe called for heavy cream, but I just use milk. I don't remember if I made any other changes or not, but here's the recipe I use.

Peanut Butter Ice Cream Topping

1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. light corn syrup
2 T. butter
1 tsp. vanilla

Bring the first five ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and mix in vanilla. Cool and serve! Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: