8.28.2009

Chinese Cole Slaw

I was at a picnic a few weeks ago where someone brought Chinese Cole Slaw. I sort of forgot that I even had a recipe to make this dish that I really enjoy. So I pulled out my recipe and made some over the weekend. I can't remember who gave me this recipe, but I haven't had it very long. I think there are many recipes out there for different versions of this dish. Mine is a little heavy on the soy sauce, so if you have a similar recipe you'd like to share with me, I'd love to try a different version to see if we like it better! Thanks for stopping by!

Chinese Cole Slaw

1-16 oz. pkg. shredded cabbage (cole slaw mix)
2 pkg. chicken flavor ramen noodles, crushed
1/2 c. slivered almonds
4 T. butter

Melt butter in skillet. Brown noodles and almonds in butter then set aside to cool.

Dressing:

2 T. soy sauce
2/3 c. vegetable oil
2 T. rice vinegar
4 T. sugar
1 tsp. pepper
6 green onions, chopped (tops and bottoms)
Seasoning packets from ramen noodles

Combine ingredients of dressing and then toss with cabbage and cooled noodles. Cool and serve.

No comments: