4.30.2009

Spinach Pasta Toss

Here's an easy recipe from the Kraft Food & Family magazine I got a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, it's no longer free. That's irritating. I wonder if I'll soon be getting a bill to renew my subscription? It's filled with quick and easy recipes for all sorts of things: main dishes, snacks, beverages, desserts, etc. but I'm not sure I like it so much that I'll pay to receive it. I can always just use the website, right?


Anyway, back to the Spinach Pasta Toss recipe... I made this the other evening with some grilled chicken breasts. It was a quick, easy, and healthy dinner. The boys weren't thrilled with the spinach. (Mom, do I have to eat the leaves?) I thought it was ok though. Jim did too.

Also, have you seen that mini pasta that Barilla makes? It was on sale at Meijer a few weeks ago, so I bought a few boxes. My youngest is a messy eater. Jim says eating is a full-body contact sport for him. I bought some, and I have to say it's easier for the kiddos to eat. I made this recipe with some of the mini penne pasta. It wasn't whole wheat, but oh well. I also used plain old shredded mozzarella instead of the Italian Blend too. My theory is that you use what you have if it's close enough. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: