5.11.2009

Orange Cream Fruit Salad

A little over a week ago, we had some friends over for dinner. I wanted to make a nice, light dessert, so I dug this recipe out of my box. I made it a long time ago when my in-laws were visiting. They really liked it, and I thought it would be perfect to make again.

I got this recipe years ago at a county fair dairy promotion booth. I saved this one recipe cut out of the pamphlet. Apparently, I didn't choose to save any of the rest! If you're looking for a fruit salad that's a little different from the typical, give this one a try. The creamy sauce on it is fantastic! Plus, I used fruit in light syrups, sugar-free pudding, 2% milk, and fat-free sour cream to save some calories.

Orange Cream Fruit Salad

1-20 oz. can pineapple tidbits
1-11 oz. can mandarin oranges
1-16 oz. can peach slices
1 medium apple, chopped
2 medium bananas, sliced
1 small pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1/2 c. milk
3/4 c. sour cream
1/3 c. frozen orange juice concentrate

Drain all juices from fruit. Put all fruit in a bowl. Mix pudding, milk, orange juice and sour cream with a mixer for about two minutes. Pour over fruit and mix. Chill for at least one hour before serving. Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: