7.27.2009

Cherry Supreme

Hi! Sorry I've been delinquent for so long. It's summertime, and the meals have been quick and easy standby's, no new recipes to tell about.

This weekend, I had a stamping workshop at the house. We were making fruit-themed cards, so I made fruity snacks. For dessert, we had Cherry Supreme. It's a recipe of my mom's that she's had for years. I hadn't made it in a long, long time, so I dug out the recipe for us yesterday. I made a few changes to it, so here's my version of it.

Cherry Supreme

Crust:

2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. melted butter

Mix together and pat lightly into a 9x13 baking dish.

Filling:

1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese (I used the reduced fat.)
1 c. confectioners sugar
1 T. vanilla
1-8 oz. tub Cool whip (I used the fat free.)

Whip together the cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread gently on top of crust. Chill for a few hours. Top with a can of cherry pie filling. (I used the can made with Splenda.) Chill until time to serve. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: