7.28.2009

Sour Cream Banana Bread/Muffins

Back when I got married, my sister was my maid of honor. She was only in high school at the time, so she and my mom did most of the planning for it. One of the things my mom did was give out large index cards to everyone that were pre-addressed to me. They were to be sent as a post card with one of their favorite recipes in the weeks following the shower. She even put postage on them for everyone.

One of the recipes I received from one of my dad's cousins was a Banana Bread recipe. The boys like to eat muffins for breakfast, so instead of baking it in a loaf pan, I made it into muffins.

Sour Cream Banana Bread

1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. mashed banana (2-3 medium bananas)
1/2 c. nuts (optional)
1/2 c. sour cream

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Add the banana, nuts and sour cream. Mix well until blended. Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350 for 1 hour. (I baked this in muffin cups for about 25 min. It made 18 muffins.)
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: