6.30.2009

Strawberry Pretzel Salad

A few weeks ago, I made a dinner for a friend who had undergone some surgery and was home recovering. For dessert, I made this Strawberry Pretzel Salad recipe from my aunt, Bev. It's one of my sister and my favorites when we're home for family picnics in the summer! It makes a 9x13 quantity, but I made it in two 8x8 pans. One for my friend's dessert and the other for a stamping workshop here at the house.

Strawberry Pretzel Salad

1st Layer:
2 c. crushed pretzels (pulse in a food processor)
1/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. melted butter

Bake at 400F for 6 min. Cool completely.

2nd Layer:
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. granulated sugar
8 oz. Cool Whip

Cream together cream cheese and sugar. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread over cooled pretzel crust.

3rd Layer:
6 oz. strawberry Jell-O
2-10 oz. pkg. frozen strawberries without sugar

Dissolve Jell-O in 2 c. boiling water. Add strawberries and stir till mixed. Chill until almost thickened. Spread over cream cheese layer. Chill until serving time.
Sorry! I forgot to take a picture! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: