6.29.2009

Veggie Pizza & Orange Cream Fruit Salad

Saturday, I hosted a stamp camp here at the house. I always make a light lunch or snacks for the ladies. This time, I made some Veggie Pizza. I've also heard it called Finger Salad. I had a recipe for this from Pampered Chef, but it used garlic and dill, and I didn't care for the flavor of the spread. My mother-in-law makes it every summer for the family reunion, so I called and got her recipe instead.

Veggie Pizza

2-8 oz. pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 c. mayonnaise
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
Assorted fresh vegetables, chopped
Shredded cheese

Note: If you purchase dried ranch dressing in bulk to make yourself, use approximately 3 T.

Note: I use broccoli; cauliflower; red or yellow bell pepper; and shredded carrots.

Roll out the crescents on a large baking sheet. Bake 12-15 min. in a 350 oven until light brown. Cool completely.

Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and ranch dressing mix with a mixer till well combined and smooth. Spread evenly over completely cooled crescents.

Sprinkle chopped vegetables evenly over pizza.

Finish by sprinkling shredded cheese evenly over pizza, as heavily as you like it.

Refrigerate at least 30 min. before serving.

In addition to the Veggie Pizza I served some Orange Cream Fruit Salad for dessert. I was in the mood for light and healthy snacks! I've made this dish before and posted about it previously here. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: