3.12.2009

Cumin-Curry Pork Chops

A few weeks ago, we picked this recipe up at Meijer. It's supposed to be for a 3 1/2 lb. boneless half pork loin roast, but I used it for pork chops. I buy boneless half pork loin roasts when they are on sale and have the meat counter slice it into 3/4" thick boneless pork chops for me. Then I bag them into family-sized quantities and freeze them.

So here's my adjusted recipe for Cumin-Curry Pork Chops that was inspired by a free coupon from Meijer:

Cumin-Curry Pork Chops

4 pork chops
2 T. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 medium onion, sliced into rings

Preheat oven to 375F.

In small bowl, combine brown sugar, curry powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Rub mixture onto pork chops.

Place pork chops into a baking dish. Place onion slices on top of pork chops. Bake 30-45 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 160F. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy these! We thought they were great, and I am really accumulating quite a few good pork chop recipes. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: