3.23.2009

Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw

In addition to Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo, I also made rice, cole slaw and cornbread. (See yesterday's post for background story.) The rice was just some regular rice that I got at Wal*Mart. Did you know a 10 lb. bag has 100 servings in it? 100 people is our normal turnout on Wednesday nights, so that's what I prepared for.

For cornbread, I used twelve boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix. Again, that was pretty easy. I made up all the boxes and spread the batter on a full sheet pan. After it baked, I let it cool and then cut it into 96 pieces.


Finally, the cole slaw recipe is one that I have just found in the past few months. I had never found a good creamy cole slaw recipe that we liked. My mom gave me a cookbook last fall with restaurant recipes in it. I tried the Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw recipe, and we really liked it. Once again, for copyright purposes, I won't print the recipe here, but you're welcome to borrow my cookbook!

Tomorrow I'll tell you about my desserts. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: