1.15.2010

Colts Cake



The past two days I have told you about my cake decorating class and the cakes I made for a church event. This is the second cake I made for the Men for Christ event at the church Monday evening. The speaker was the Colts Chaplain, and everyone at the church is excited about the Colts in the NFL playoffs right now.


I decided to make a Colts cake. This is a simple white cake made with a cake mix and made-from-scratch buttercream icing. I finally used clear vanilla and clear butter flavoring in my icing, and it does make a difference in how white it looks. This was a fun cake to practice my leveling and crumb coat application skills on. It was fun to put the Colts horseshoe on it too, although I need to buy a darker blue icing dye.

Since my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers are not in the playoffs this year, I guess I will cheer on the Colts. I do like Peyton Manning. He does all those goofy commercials and doesn't appear to take himself too seriously. He was also at Tennessee in the same years I was at Penn State, so I feel like he's the same age as me and I've "known" him for a while.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: