1.19.2010

Tortellini Chicken Soup

A friend of mine called me a few weeks ago to ask me about this recipe. I had made it for her family one time, and then she asked me for the recipe. She had lost it and was looking for it again, so she came here to my blog site. I hadn't posted that particular recipe, so she called me. Now I am posting the recipe here for you since I have neglected to post it previously.

I thought this recipe came from Pampered Chef originally, but I don't think it did. I have no idea where I got it, but have made it since not long after Jim and I got married. It's still a keeper!

Tortellini Chicken Soup

1 c. carrots, sliced
1/2 c. onions, chopped
1/2 c. celery, thinly sliced
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 t. thyme
1 T. dried parsley
46 oz. chicken broth
1-2 c. dry cheese-filled tortellini, uncooked
1 bay leaf
pepper to taste

Brown chicken in a large soup pot over medium heat 5-7 min. or until chicken is no longer pink. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer over medium-low heat 20 min. or until pasta is tender. Before serving, remove bay leaf.

Depending on how much tortellini you use, you may need to add more chicken broth, especially if you have leftovers. The tortellini will continue to soak up the broth.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: