2.27.2010

More Colorful Flowers!


In class on Wednesday, we learned seven--yes, seven--new flowers. My icing was a little soft that evening and didn't hold its shape as well as it should have, so I won't show you those pictures.


In my last post, I showed you the violets and mums that I made with colored icing. Today, I'm going to show you the colored icing versions of the flowers we learned in class last week. This Wednesday is our Level II Course final class, so I'll be assembling my cake. I made up all these flowers so that they would be dry and ready to go on Wednesday.


First, I added the yellow accents to the violets...




Here are the daisies...




...apple blossoms...




...primroses...




...pansies...




...daffodils...




...rosebuds, which will look better wrapped with some leaves,...




...and Victorian roses. Its petals have a soft curl to them unlike the roses we made with buttercream a few weeks ago. A different tip adds this softness to the edges.

Come back later this week to see pictures of my finished cake! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: