2.06.2010

Wilton Method Cake Decorating Class Level II


Wednesday evening, I had my first Wilton Level II Cake Decorating Class. We practiced some of the techniques we learned in the Level I Course and then learned some new techniques.

The Level II Course Kit comes with two little oval-shaped cake pans. We used one of them this evening to practice our new techniques on after learning them first on our practice boards. The photo above shows my cake pan after I finished it. The sides have the basketweave technique on them. The bottom has the rope border and the top, the reverse shell border.

This is the last week we'll be working with buttercream for a while. Next week, we'll be starting with Color Flow icing and Royal icing. I can't wait to try out all the new flowers we're going to learn to make! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

InspiredByInk said...

Can't wait to see what you do in your 2nd class. AWESOME. You could be making wedding cakes professionally, or is this just a hobby?

Bobbie *Ü*