1.17.2009

Crock Pot French Onion Soup

I have had this recipe for years, and we love it. I made it this morning to have with some shredded beef sandwiches. I'll tell you about that recipe tomorrow. It's perfect to make for fall football Saturdays. Jim loves to munch on it all afternoon. The recipe was in the pamphlet that came with my crock pot.

I've made it up the night before and let it cook all night long. I've also made it in the morning and let it cook on high for 3-4 hours.

You can make it fancy like the restaurants do by putting some soup in an oven-safe soup crock, top it with a piece of toast and some mozzarella cheese, and stick it under the broiler for a few minutes. Thanks for stopping by!

Crock Pot French Onion Soup

1 qt. beef broth
3 yellow onions, thinly sliced
3 T. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T. sugar
2 T. flour
Shredded mozzarella cheese

Pour broth into the crock pot. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Cook onions in melted butter till they are translucent and tender. Remove from heat. Sprinkle on the salt, sugar and flour and stir to combine. Add the onion mixture to the crock pot. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. Before serving, top with cheese.

No comments: