1.30.2009

Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup

I have a few recipes that start with boiling a chicken, and I love them all. I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for a lot of recipes, but nothing beats boiling a whole chicken. I was so excited to find this recipe in the Cooking Light magazine.

I already have a chicken noodle soup recipe that I love. It's a Paula Deen recipe called The Lady's Chicken Noodle Soup, and yes, it starts by boiling a chicken. Of course, like most of my recipes, there are a few tweaks that I make to it, but that's a post for another day.

The Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup recipe was great. We really liked it. It's totally different than the Paula Deen recipe, and both are terrific. It made quite a bit, and I ended up freezing the leftovers to pull out some cold day later this winter. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: