1.19.2009

Quick Black Bean Soup

I made this Quick Black Bean Soup as a side to my Spicy Chicken Sandwiches with Cilantro-Lime Mayo that you can read about a few days ago. I really enjoyed it, because I love soup in the fall and winter months. Jim liked it, but not as much as I did. He's not a big fan of beans and lentils. It was a very earthy soup. The lime juice perfectly lightens it up a little, and the ham adds a great touch as well. I added more ham than the recipe called for. (I buy the ham already diced in a 1-lb. package. It's also great for ham and scalloped potatoes or pasta salad.) Oh, and I used yellow onion instead of red.

Thanks, Lance, for the stick blender for Christmas! I got to try it out tonight making this soup! I used an immersible "stick" blender instead of pouring the soup into a blender and then back into the pan again. It worked great! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: