1.14.2009

Parmesan and Sage-Crusted Pork Chops

Last fall a stamping friend's daughter was selling magazine subscriptions for her girl scout troop. I purchased a subscription to Cooking Light magazine. My first issue was the December issue, and December was just so hectic I never really had a chance to look at it. My second issue is here, but I am just now going through and picking out all the recipes that I want to try from the first one. I'll catch up eventually! I thought I'd share some of the recipes that I have tried along with my thoughts on them too. Maybe you'll be inspired to try one of them.

The issue had an article on pan frying, which I have never been able to do well. I always end up burning the food on the outside, and it's not done on the inside. I quit trying long ago and decided that it was probably for the best that our family doesn't eat fried foods--unless we hit a burger joint occasionally!

The article inspired me to try it again, so I started with their recipe for Parmesan and Sage-Crusted Pork Chops. I didn't disappoint; the breading of my pork chops was over done, almost burned, but at least the pork was done the whole way through! I did really like the breading on these pork chops. I was thinking that I may try to make them again and bread them and then just bake them in the oven. If I try it, I'll try to remember to post on them again and let you know how they turn out. In the meantime, if you have any tips on pan frying for me, feel free to leave a comment!

Oh, and as usual, I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I used multi-grain bread and parmesan cheese, and a large egg instead of two egg whites. My pork chops were thicker too, which probably added to the breading getting overdone by the time the pork chops were cooked through. But trust me, if you want something fried, don't ask me to do it! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: