2.19.2009

Braciole


Here's another recipe I was inspired to try because of a a TV sitcom. (See the post about Mulligatawney here.) There's an episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" where Deborah tries a recipe for braciole. It turns out to be delicious, upsetting the whole family balance. So one day when I saw Giada De Laurentiis make her version of Braciole on "Everyday Italian" on the Food Network, I had to try it. It's been a family favorite ever since.

Here are some simplifications I make to this recipe:
  • Instead of Pecorino Romano cheese, I use grated parmesan.
  • Instead of provolone, I use mozzarella.
  • I use round steaks from freezer beef from my parents' beef farm instead of flank steak. I'm not sure how they differ.
  • Finally, I use a jar of Ragu spaghetti sauce instead of making my own, as suggested in the recipe.

I don't know much about wine. I have been using Oliver Winery white wine for a few years now whenever I have a recipe that calls for white wine. I really like it. It's a winery in Bloomington, IN and can be found in most Indiana grocery stores. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: