2.05.2009

Fresh Thyme Popovers

I have never made popovers before, so I don't know what they're supposed to be like. I don't have popover pans, so I used muffin pans for a substitute like the Fresh Thyme Popovers recipe states. I baked them 5 min. less just as it said, but I don't think they baked long enough. They seemed too doughy or dense when we ate them, and they dropped pretty badly when I took them out of the oven. They weren't hard to make at all, but I don't do well with finicky recipes! You must have to do something special to keep them from falling once you take them out of the oven. If any of you out there can clue me in, please do so!


The flavor of these was ok, but honestly, I probably won't make them again. When I try new recipes, I always ask Jim, "Is this a 'make again' recipe?" I either never make the recipe again, or I print/copy it and put it into my recipe box to become one of my staples to use over and over again. My recipe box has gotten pretty full over the past few years, and I need to clean it out and organize it. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: