2.04.2009

Colonial Corn Pudding v. Baked Corn Casserole

After making the Hominy Spoonbread previously (scroll down for yesterday's post), I didn't know about trying another corn casserole recipe. However, this Colonial Corn Pudding recipe seemed closer to the simple corn casserole recipe I already make sometimes, so I thought I'd take the risk and try it. I'm not a big fan of white pepper, and I didn't like that nuance of flavor in it. Otherwise, this dish wasn't too bad.


I still really like my simple corn casserole recipe better though, so I will probably stick with that old faithful recipe. My cousin, Shelly, made it for a family get-together a few years ago, and that's where I got it originally. I've seen other variations, some including cheese, but I have always liked this one the best. Thanks for stopping by!

Baked Corn Casserole

1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can sweet creamed corn
2 eggs, beaten
1 stick butter, melted
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 small box of Jiffy corn muffin mix

Mix all ingredients together and pour into an ungreased 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown on top and cake-like.

No comments: