2.02.2009

Coconut-Curry Chicken Soup

Jim and I love to try ethnic foods. We particularly love Indian food. Jim was introduced to it in college. He then took me to an Indian restaurant to try it myself, and we both have loved it ever since. We've also been to Thai, Ethiopian, Peruvian, Morrocan, Afghani, Greek, Chinese, and Mexican restaurants. I also had a Thai roommate in college at one point, and she loved to cook. She had all sorts of strange bottles and spices in our kitchen!

I have tried to cook a few ethnic dishes on my own here at home, and some of them have turned out really well. When I saw this Coconut-Curry Chicken Soup recipe in the Cooking Light magazine, I thought I would try it.


Now, I have a lot of unique spices and things in my pantry, but there were a few ingredients in this that I didn't have on hand. We were able to find the curry paste, fish sauce and rice noodles on our last trip to the city to do some shopping.

The noodles weren't exactly what is shown in this picture. The noodles we had were more like spaghetti noodles, but almost clear in color. They had a funny texture, and the noodles were the one thing about the soup I didn't like. Otherwise it had a great flavor, and Jim really liked it. He said it tasted just like the food at the Thai restaurant we used to go to before we had kids. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: